‘unapologetically, hilariously, aggressively camp’
‘a star-making turn by John McCrea as Jamie, the queen-in-waiting’
‘a dynamic, deliciously entertaining night out’
Experience this uplifting, feel-good British phenomenon with Everybody’s Talking About Jamie tickets
Sheffield Theatres’ critically acclaimed, award-winning production Everybody’s Talking About Jamie plays at the West End’s Apollo Theatre, following a smash-hit run at Sheffield Crucible. A brand new British musical by composer and lyricist duo Dan Gillespie Sells and Tom MacRae, the uplifting coming-of-age story continues to play to packed-out London audiences.
Growing up on a grim Sheffield council-estate, Jamie finds a way to overcome the prejudice and battle the bullies to step into the spotlight. Everybody’s Talking About Jamie premiered at Sheffield’s Crucible Theatre in February 2017 and transferred to the West End in November the same year. It has since been nominated for multiple Olivier Awards and has won several WhatsOnStage Awards including Best New Musical.
A fearless, funny and fabulous musical about sashaying out of the darkness, Everybody’s Talking About Jamie proves that dreams really can come true.
Cast and Creative
Everybody’s Talking About Jamie was created by Dan Gillespie Sells (music) and Tom MacRae (lyrics and book), and is produced by Nica Burns. Jonathan Butterell directs, with choreography by Kate Prince, design by Anna Fleischle, lighting design by Lucy Carter and sound design by Paul Groothius.
The current cast stars newcomer Noah Thomas as Jamie New, taking over from Layton Williams who will now star in the UK touring production. Melissa Jaques plays Jamie’s mother, Margaret and well-loved EastEnders star Shane Richie plays Hugo/Loco until 18th July. Other cast-members include Sejal Keshwala as Ray, Hiba Elchikhe as Pritti Pasha and Gillian Ford as Miss Hedge.
To assist with track and trace the venue are introducing an airline-style check-in.
- 48 hours before your performance you will receive a pre-visit email with a check-in link from Nimax Theatres
- You will be required to confirm that members of your party do not have Covid-19 symptoms – if you cannot confirm this you will be given details on how to exchange (this must be completed no later than 10am on the morning of your performance).
- Email address – this will be used to communicate pre-show procedures to you, assist with track and trace and provide e-tickets on completion of check-in.
- The venue will only accept E-ticket for admittance
- Nimax Theatres will provide you with a contactless e-tickets upon completion of “check-in”.
Note that by continuing with your booking you agree that the seats you are purchasing will enable only members of your household or support bubble to sit together.
Show running time is approximately 2 hours and 35 minutes, including an interval.
Suitable for Children?
Everybody’s Talking About Jamie is recommended for ages 14 and up.
Everybody’s Talking About Jamie tickets are on sale now. Book online here.
All tickets include a £1.25 Theatre Restoration Levy.